A great side dish to go with just about anything. Except maybe spaghetti…
If you are having trouble getting family members to eat vegetables, try this. If they still don’t eat it, keep it for yourself!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 pound small to medium carrots
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey – light honey is the BEST
Tarragon or Herbs de Provence
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel carrots
- In a large bowl, mix honey, olive oil, tarragon or herbs d’provence
- Roll carrots between your hands the oil mix and cover carrots with honey mix OR if you prefer not to get your hands sticky, toss and/or brush with mix
- Put into a Dutch oven, oiled, or in a baking dish lined with foil and with olive oil
- Bake for 20-35 minutes or ‘til tender and slightly caramelized (browned)
- Large carrots may require more time and test for doneness
- Remove from oven and serve on platter. Beautiful!
Carbohydrates: 19 gm
Protein: 1 gm
Total Fat: 7 gm
Fiber: 3 gm